Helideck Monitoring Systems
A+D has been involved in developing Helideck Monitoring Systems since these systems were first introduced as an aid to improving safety and operations offshore. Such systems utilizing the well proven and user-friendly DADAS real-time data acquisition software have been in operation in harsh offshore conditions for more than 15 years.
The systems can be tailor-made to suit local conditions and can easily be expanded in the future to comply with new demands, rules and regulations. A+D can also provide installation support, annual service, calibration services and training of personnel as required.
Current new systems will comply with all known rules and regulations worldwide. Including the CAA CAP 437 and the Norwegian Standard for Helideck Monitor Systems.
Here you can read more about:
Helideck Monitoring System
A basic Helideck Monitoring System is designed to comply with the rules and regulation of the region where it operates. As well as the aviation safety standards of the owner. Typically most systems are built to comply with CAP 437 for fixed or floating helidecks.
Such basic systems shall include:
- Wind sensor
- Air Temperature and Humidity
- Barometric pressure (QNH / QFE)
- Motion sensor for the helideck, 6 DOF (for floating rigs or vessels)
- Visibility sensor with Present Weather
- Cloud Height sensor with Cloud Amount
- Data acquisition and display system
The main purpose of the system is:
- To provide Pre flight information and screenshots to the Helicopter Operators for flight planning.
- To provide local operators with real-time data of the prevailing conditions during helicopter operations.
- Communicating Helideck Monitoring System data to other users, local or remote.
Features and options
- Clear, user-friendly displays of all data vital to helicopter operations
- Automatic or manual generation of a helideck report that can be sent electronically to onshore users, incl. helicopter operators
- Additional DADAS software modules available for METAR, SYNOP, HeliMet, DF 22, additional reporting and many other applications
- Can be connected to LAN or Internet for further data distribution or web access
- Long term data logging capacity for later data analysis or investigations
- Modular design to allow adding sensors or users and to expand the system to a full EMS system, incl. MetOcean, Anchor Tension, Excursion, etc.
- Full integration between Helideck Monitoring Systems and any other marine or structural system available and encouraged in order to avoid duplication and costs
- Can be free-standing, rack-mounted or integrated in other packages
- Virtual server installations available
- Trend displays and / or History displays can be added and customized to the individual user
- Quick and easy installation and commissioning
- Full worldwide support capability for service and annual check and maintenance
- Motion verification services available including a comprehensive report documenting the system performance
- Full operator and technical training available, both as on site training and as classroom training onshore. Regular onshore training courses available.
Rules and Regulations for Helideck Monitoring Systems
- Helideck Monitoring Systems from A+D can be made to comply with all the following rules and regulations:
- CAP 437 from UK CAA is a current de facto standard for many areas of the world
- Certified by CAA Norway to conform to aviation standards BSL D5-1 and relevant parts of BSL G7-1 for supply of Helideck Monitoring Systems
- Standard Measuring Equipment for Helideck Monitoring Systems and Weather Data issued by Norwegian Helicopter Operators, current revision
- All guidelines by HCA-Helideck Certification Agency
- NORMAM 27 from Brazilian authorities
- Relevant Canadian rules and regulations
- Relevant parts of ICAO Annex 14 and WMO standards, including METAR and SYNOP codes
Offshore Installation and Commissioning Services
WISE Group has a well qualified team of field service engineers who can undertake service work on all kinds of meteorological and oceanographic sensors and systems.
All our engineers have extensive experience from offshore work, shipyard work and onshore work.
Operation and Maintenance Services
WISE Group team of field service engineers can also undertake operation and maintenance services work on MetOcean sensors and systems as well as on other kinds of sensors and systems.
Our engineers can take care of preparing operation and maintenance services schedules, carry out maintenance visits, analyse data, service equipment and many other related tasks.
WISE Group can also offer online preventive service agreements for systems that can be reached online.
Onshore Service and Calibration Services
WISE Group are also able to service and calibrate all kinds of sensors and MetOcean equipment used in offshore renewable projects.
Our workshop is equipped for servicing and calibrating many different kinds of sensors and instrumentation.
Turn-key Instrumentation Projects
WISE Group can take full responsibility for all aspects of offshore instrumentation projects from design of the system, engineering, system integration, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance to data management.