Effective Date: June 28th 2023
Information We Collect
Personal Information We may collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Contact Information: such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Professional information: such as your job title, company name, and industry when you provide it to us.
- LinkedIn Information: we may collect public information from your LinkedIn profile when you engage with our LinkedIn lead-generation activities.
- Website Usage Information: such as your IP address, browser type, device information, referring website, pages visited, and the date and time of your visit. We collect this information through cookies and similar technologies.
Use of Personal Information
We will use the personal information collected for the following purposes:
- Respond to your inquiries and provide you with the information and services you request.
- Customise and improve our Website, products, and services.
- Communicate with you about updates, promotions, and other relevant information.
- Conduct market research and analyse user trends to enhance our offerings.
- LinkedIn Lead Generation: Identify and connect with potential business leads using LinkedIn profile information (publicly available) and store and analyse interactions and communications for business development purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal information:
- Legitimate Interests: Processing your personal information is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as responding to inquiries, improving our services, conducting marketing activities, and LinkedIn lead generation. We ensure that any potential impact on your privacy rights is minimised.
- Consent: When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before processing your personal information.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your personal information with:
Service Providers: We engage third-party service providers to assist us in delivering our services and managing our Website. These providers have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated to protect your information.
Business Partners: We may share your information with trusted business partners for joint marketing activities or to provide you with relevant information about their products or services.
Legal Compliance: We may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests.
International Data Transfers
As a global company, your personal information may be transferred and processed in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including the United States and other countries that may have different data protection laws than your own. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws and protect your personal information.
We implement technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Websites covered by this Privacy statement are not intentionally designed for or directed at children, and our terms and conditions of use require all users to be above the age of majority in their local country. We adhere to laws regarding marketing to children. We never knowingly collect or maintain personal information about individuals under the age of 18.
Your Rights and Contact Information
Your Rights Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights may include:
- Right of Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and obtain a copy of it.
- Right to Rectification: If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the correction or updating of such information.
- Right to Erasure: You may request the deletion of your personal information from our records under certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the information or when the processing is unlawful.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information when it is based on legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
Contact Information If you have any questions, concerns or wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Automasjon & Data AS
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet).